SMART™ Integrated Meters can be installed into all Powersmiths transformers to allow fast and easy access to transformer performance, energy consumption and power quality data.
Traditionally transformer consumption and power quality data has only been accessible by opening the transformer case - an expensive and time consuming process. In addition, the error associated with the vast majority of clamp-on CTs made field verification of transformer performance impossible. Powersmiths has solved these problems by integrating revenue class CTs into SMART™ meters and integrating the meters themselves into the transformer at the time of manufacture.
This innovation provides customers with the ability to easily and accurately commission the installed performance of transformers for energy and power quality on an on-going basis. Because SMART™ meters provide on-going access to information they are ideal for:
- LEED Commissioning
- LEED measurement and verification
- Smart Schools and high performance schools
- Supporting sustainability education programs
- Recipients of Energy Rebates
- ESCO packages
- Other energy savings driven installations
- Facilities that restrict access to live transformers