Since its founding in 1996, Powersmiths has led the market in manufacturing electrical distribution products that improve the efficiency, quality, and reliability of power in non-residential buildings. Milestones and recognitions along the way include:
- Manufactured the first transformers allowed to carry the Energy Star and Ecologo
- Recognized finalist of the NRC’s Energy Efficiency Award (2000)
- Achieved finalist status in the Uptime Institute’s Green IT Award (2009)
- Cited as a “Resource for Energy Efficiency” in Intel’s publication; “Energy Efficiency for Information Technology” (2009)
- Referenced by Cisco in their publication “Green IT” (2009)
- Qualified by Canadian Standards Association International as a Testing Facility for CSA's Energy Efficiency Verification Program (2011)
Powersmiths focus on efficiency has stimulated substantial investments in energy metering and monitoring systems. Powersmiths WOW is an out-growth of these investments in research and development. WOW helps organizations orchestrate their greening efforts by drawing on measured systems and processes to support energy and greenhouse gas management, performance validation and public outreach and education.